To earn the Webelos badge, you must be active in your den at least three months and complete the requirements below.
- Have an adult member of your family read the Webelos Scout Parent Guide (Webelos Handbook, Pages 1-22) and sign here.
- Be an active member of your Webelos den for three months. (Active means having good attendance, paying your den dues, working on den projects).
- Know and explain the meaning of the Webelos badge.
- Point out the three special parts of the Webelos Scout uniform. Tell when to wear the uniform and when not to wear it.
- Earn the Fitness and Citizen activity badges and one other activity badge from a different activity badge group.
- Plan and lead a flag ceremony in your den that includes the U.S. flag.
- Show that you know and understand the requirements to be a Boy Scout.
- a. Demonstrate the Scout salute, Scout sign, and Scout handshake. Explain when you would use them.
- b. Explain the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan.
- c. Explain and agree to follow the Outdoor Code.
- After completing the rest of requirement 8, do these (a, b, and c):
- a. Know: Tell what you have learned about faith.
- b. Commit: Tell how these faith experiences help you live your duty to God. Name one faith practice that you will continue to do in the future.
- c. Practice: After doing these requirements, tell what you have learned about your beliefs.
- And do one of these (d OR e):
- d. Earn the religious emblem of your faith.*
- e. Do two of these:
- Attend the mosque, church, synagogue, temple, or other religious organization of your choice; talk with your religious leader about your beliefs. Tell your family and your Webelos den leader what you learned.
- Discuss with your family and your Webelos den leader how your religious beliefs fit in with the Scout Oath and Scout Law and what character-building traits your religious beliefs have in common with the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- With your religious leader, discuss and make a plan to do two things you think will help you draw nearer to God. Do these things for a month.
- (1) ____________________________
- (2) ____________________________
- For at least a month, pray or meditate reverently each day as taught by your family and by your church, temple, mosque, synagogue, or religious group.
- Under the direction of your religious leader, do an act of service for someone else. Talk about your service with your family and your Webelos den leader. Tell them how it made you feel.
- List at least two ways you believe you have lived according to your religious beliefs.
| ||The official source for the information shown in this article or section is: |
Webelos Handbook, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33452)
* If you earned your faith's religious emblem earlier in Cub Scouting, and your faith does not have a Webelos religious emblem, you must complete requirement 8e. Completion of requirement 8e does not qualify a youth to receive the religious emblem of his faith. Webelos Scout religious emblems are listed on pages 68-69 in the Webelos Handbook