Each family is expected to support our troop by volunteering a minimum of 10 Adult Volunteer Hours for Troop 288 events per year (Nov. 1 - Oct. 31), and self report your hours using the link below.
It is important to chart your volunteer hours. There are many ways to volunteer, here are some examples:
- Trek Leader - Lead a trek or activity, be the 2nd adult, or driver. Supervise grocery shoppers for trek. Attend a trek and be helpful.
- Service Projects - Volunteer at Scouting for Food, transport chairs to the service events at Two Strike Park, lead a service project for the troop.
- Committee - Serve on the Troop Committee.
- Assistant Scout Master - Help scouts accomplish requirements for rank advancements.
- Merit Badge Counselor - Help scouts earn merit badges.
- BOR Committee - Help at monthly Board of Review by interviewing scouts as they progress through the ranks. You will be matched with someone that has experience, and learn what to do.
- COH - Help prepare/serve refreshments at Court of Honor ceremonies.
- Fundraisers - Volunteer at fundraiser events, donate food/supplies.
At the beginning on November we begin the re-chartering process, if you did not complete and report all 10 adult volunteer hours you will be charged $25. There will be no adjustments according to partial hours, so get out there and have fun supporting Troop 288! Thank You for supporting our scouts! If you have questions about volunteering please contact Dan Kilgore, our Volunteer Chair.