What is Venturing?
Venturing is a youth development program of the Boy Scouts of America for young men and women who are 14 through 20 years of age (or 13 through 20 and have completed the eighth grade).
Venturing's purpose is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults.
Young adults involved in Venturing will:
- Learn to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling the values in theVenturing Oath and Code.
- Experience a program that is fun and full of challenge and adventure.
- Become a skilled training and program resource for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and other groups.
- Acquire skills in the areas of high adventure, sports, arts and hobbies, religious life, or nautical adventures.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on meaningful leadership roles.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment.